.Net Software Developer
Nine Collective is looking for a C# .NET Software Developer to join our team in developing Fieldbook ERP, our flagship
business ERP service for oilfield service companies. The position entails developing new features for Fieldbook ERP and
supporting existing code.
We believe in adding team members who believe learning is continuous and knowledge can come from anywhere. Education, growth as a developer and helping fellow team members grow are the passions of our team. We are hiring motivated and enthusiastic team members with passion to work on an exciting project that is still only in its infancy. More cool stuff is yet to come.
Requirements & Qualifcations:
- Three to five years of demonstrable C# (preferably .NET 2.0 or later).
- Systems architecture experience.
- HTML/CSS experience.
- Experience building .NET-based web applications.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related studies is required.
- Experience in a test-driven development environment or automated unit testing in general is preferred.
- Community participation track record (blogs, commenter, etc.) is helpful.
- Experience designing and implementing high performance and scalable MS SQL 2008 solutions.
Sponsorship is not available and because it is a full-time on-site position, telecommuters need not apply.
How we do what we do:
Our team is a Lean/Agile team. We choose the right tools for the project at hand. For our greenfield applications we use Scrum for tracking feature development and bugs. We find creating the simplest solution possible not only creates great code, but often is the most elegant too. We use time-boxed sprints to ensure regular feature completion and to add a little variety for our developers.
- We work very closely with our customers and are fanatical about customer service and support.
- We write tests before we write functional code to clarify our design intentions.
- We keep the build clean.
- We work in an environment that maximizes communication to minimize confusion.
- We build software that can change quickly. The winner isn't always the best solution, but the simplest and fastest.
- We believe in using the best tools for the task at hand. Open source tools where appropriate, Microsoft tools where needed, and our own technologies as we can.
- We believe in coaching and developing our team and providing support to all levels of our company.
Nine Collective is software company located in Weatherford, Oklahoma. Weatherford is home to Southwestern Oklahoma State University and is about an hour's drive west of Oklahoma City on Interstate 40. Our company was formed in 2009 to develop a nationwide high school sports website. After completing that project we moved into analysis and design for the niche oilfield management software launching in a few weeks. When choosing projects we rely on our industry and professional expertise.
Nine Collective was built on a culture of strong collaboration, honest feedback, and a passion for software development. Each and every member of our team enjoys solving real world problems with technology. We spend a lot of time together working, but also enjoying each other company through cooking out, gaming, movies, and more. Nine Collective is a family oriented company at the core of our values. Our two overriding philosophies are getting the job done right and keeping the team together.
Nine Collective is a small company that offers great benefits for its employees. Paid vacation, company-assisted health, dental, and life insurance, matching 401(k), and more.
About Oklahoma City:
Oklahoma City is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. Key industries include energy, agriculture, biotechnology, aerospace, and military. Development and growth have revitalized the Oklahoma City area providing numerous entertainment and cultural activities on a daily basis.
Throughout Bricktown, the Riverfront, Asian District, Plaza District, Paseo Arts District and more you will find great restaurants, shops, and awesome local and national live entertainment. The Oklahoma City Art Museum and National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum are both world-class institutions in their fields. In the heart of Oklahoma City is the Oklahoma City Memorial for the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. Science Museum Oklahoma, the Oklahoma History Center and more provide hours of enriching activities for people of all ages.
The addition of the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team a few years ago coupled with strong college sports with the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University there is rarely a dull moment. Lakes for boating, skiing, camping, day hiking, and more provide entertainment and exercise opportunities for everyone. Numerous public and private golf courses allow you to unwind with friends, family, and coworkers.
Weatherford is an easy hour west of Oklahoma City. Home to Southwestern Oklahoma State University, it is a small college town with about 12,000 residents and 5,000 undergrad and graduate students. With ample shopping and several good restaurants, it is a quiet place to live and raise a family. Multiple religious denominations have representation here and the city is undertaking economic development activities through construction of a new conference center, municipal buildings, parks, and more. Two lakes nearby offer plenty of fishing, small boating, and camping. Weatherford has an excellent school system and enjoys good standings in high school sports. The local YMCA provides physical fitness activities the city's youth and for the public.